With this blog I will be relaying my exciting experiences at my internship at the WHAG news station. I'm so excited for the experience and can not wait to share!
Saturday, November 15, 2014
I Am Learning
As I get close to my final week at WHAG the reporters I am with are making sure that I get to do as much as I possibly can before I leave. I went into the station three days this week and I definitely got to do a lot. My week started off on Monday when I did a follow up on a plane crash in Hagerstown. I did I a stand up that had a great background setting at the airport. When we got back to the station I really worked on trying to help edit the package with the reporter. On Friday I discovered what it was like to do a story that was far away (distance wise) and have to put it together on a tight deadline. Thankfully it was not a very complicated story, so it was possible to work with the deadline I was given. However, this week, in addition to the things I normally do during the week I also went into the station on Saturday, which proved to be an excellent decision since I was able to do a lot more than I ever would have been able to do during the week. As normal, I went out with a reporter to cover a story. I did a stand-up that I am very proud of and plan on using on my reel. Of course, while doing the same thing I do quiet often during the week was great and insightful as always, the highlight of my day was the new stuff I did. The reporter I was with took me out to another location so that I could put together a story of my own. So that I could be responsible for the entire thing I only did a VOSOT (video with a sound bite) instead of a package. I conducted the interview as well as shot all the b-roll for the story. As far as the editing is concerned I pulled and laid down the SOT's I liked best and also chose which one I wanted for the story. I also put together the clips for the VO. Finally I wrote the intro, script, and tag for the story. I am perhaps more excited than I need to be about putting together the VOSOT and it airing on the news Saturday evening, but the fact that I did it all on my own gives me a great sense of accomplishment. Today I also managed to pull all of my past stand-ups from the archives so that I can begin working on my reel. As I enter into my final week I hope to finish strong with another great week and to also, maybe, add a package to the list of things I completed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment