This week seems to have lasted forever. As I sit here writing this post I am struggling to remember what I did way back on Monday. Here we go.
On Monday I covered, probably, the last political story I will do for awhile. The reporter and I was with and I cover some last minute campaign rallies that were happening locally as campaigners tried to rack up the last few votes. I did realize this week that despite the push to avoid having, what is called, a phoner in your package sometimes that is all that is available to use, and when it comes to having a phoner in the package or having a one sided package, the best bet will likely be the phoner (one politician we needed to interview was not available for an in person interview that day). Another thing I realized this week is that politicians, and anyone involved with them, love to talk and when they talk you must indulge them because not only must one professionally portray the news stations but also just in case a prospective story is on the rise in the political world. As far as editing is concerned I put in all the hit times, and CG's for the package as well as help with editing in general. The editing process is literally the most complicated for me to grasp, it is my goal to be able to put together a package by myself before I leave this internship.
To move on to Friday. . . I did a lot of what I normally do: shot b-role, handle the camera etc. As far as the editing is concerned for Friday I actually put together the VO for the package all by myself, so my handle on the editing is getting better. On a completely unrelated note as far as what I actually did on Friday, I found out what I needed to put together for my reel, which I am super excited about having, and I plan on working on that in the near future. All in all it was a rather slow week for me at the station. I unfortunately, but fortunately, was not able to be there on election day (which I think would have been a great experience) but I did get to deal with a lot of the coverage for pre-election. Besides that one bummer part, I feel like I had a fairly nice week with very interesting stories. I concluded from this week that just because the story is not "breaking" or extremely hectic or eventful does not mean that is not interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment